Friday, May 14, 2010

The Wedding Day






The second that I woke up I got butterflies, today was the day! I'm sure this is how all wedding days start but it was crazy. Jenni Williamson was going to do my hair but couldn't so my friend Hiedi Festin let me borrow her curling iron but we couldn't find it. So my amazing aunts Teri Mattinson, Becky Barker, Krista Yates, and Anne Yates got together and worked their magic on my hair. Then I couldn't find my shirt so I borrowed my moms. We did have a very nice breakfast. We got everything we needed into Chris's car and headed off to the temple. When we got there we parked the car and waited for my parents. In the car I gave Chris the letters that I wrote my future husband when I was 14, 16, and 17. It was neat cause I remember writing them and thinking about what my husband would be like, now I know. After he read them we headed to the temple. We had the neatest guy come and talk to us before we got sealed. I honestly dont really remember much of what he said when he gave his speach but I did feel the spirit.
Getting married in the temple is truely amazing, there is nothing like it. I am so glad that both Chris and I were worthy to go to the temple and be sealed for eternity. I wouldnt trade it for anything. I have never been so happy in my whole life. We got married in the Salt Lake Temple. Both of our parents got married in that temple and so it was way neat to also be getting married in the same one with eachother.
After we got out of the temple we do our pictures, it was a very nice day, and luckily the wind didn't pick up until after we were done taking our pictures. Then we went back to my parents house to eat before we had to go to the reception. my train stays up by a botton on the back of my dress and the botton broke. Thank goodness my aunt Kendra Yates was there to help. so sewed it up real fast and we headed to the church. The church looked so gorgeous all covered in colors pink, green, and brown. My aunt Krista Yates also did a very good job at the cake! It turned out great. We did the line, the cake, throwing the stuff, and then we danced. Our first dance as a married couple we danced to "when summer comes around" by Keith Urban, the daddy daughter dance was the song called "I loved her first" by Heartland, which I couldn't stop crying during, and then we partied! We actually only danced to one song called "I gotta feeling" by Black Eyed Peas, cause we wanted to take off... to the honeymoon! :)
November 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment