Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Answer

I had always thought about getting married but now it was happening and I was getting pretty scared. I wanted to marry Chris but I didn't know if it was what I should be doing. When we were getting serious I would pray and say if this isn't right stop me but if not im going to keep dating him. After marriage though there was no going back so I wanted to be positive. My friend, Alyssa Witham, went with me to the temple to do babtism, pray, and fast. Awhile we waited to do babstims I had been praying as hard as I could to get my answer. I would feel very good and right about marrying Chris, for a second, then my nerves would get to me. I would feel scared and worried again. Even after the temple I didn't know what to do. I went to my dad and told him what happened. I asked him for a fathers blessing. He mad sure that I knew that if the answer wasnt what I wanted to hear that I would listen and follow anyway. Once I finally agreed he came over to give me the blessing. It was long and I dont remember it off the top of my head but I do remember what I was looking for. He said that Heavenly Father was proud of at me and wanted me to trust my first feeling. To trust myself and my judgements more. Satan wants me to be scared to marry the man that would help me make it to the top. Prays are answered and dreams do come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment