Thursday, July 31, 2014

Rylee's Baptism

Rylee is getting baptised today. We carpooled with Ranae and Sam. I remember being so nervous, we stopped by my parents house. My mom is going to go but my dad decided to stay home. I don't blame hime and I think he made a good choice. We picked up Sarah and headed to the church. My mom held Jaylee the whole time which I think helped to keep her calm. As we walked into the church I saw my Uncle Ron and I gave him a big hug and told him that I was nervous. He said "I am too" We walked in and found a seat. The Barkers were already there. Sarah kept telling me how scared she was. I told her to stay by me and I would make sure they didn't get close enough to say anything even if they wanted to. Every time they would have us move I would make sure I was behind Sarah and that she sat between me and someone else. I felt very protective of Sarah. When we got into the font room and we were all settled down the spirit came and it felt like a normal baptism. My uncle Chris got into the font with Rylee. He baptised her and then she came out and we went to the chapel so she could get the gift of the holy ghost. After that it was over and we headed home. Teri invited us to her house for lunch, we couldn't decide if we should go at all but as we drove home we passed the Barkers and they were headed the other way. Once we knew they wouldn't be there we decided to go. First we went and got changed. We put Jaylee in a onsie that said "Only Child Expires January." This is how I wanted to tell my family and it was so hard not to tell them before. I had three days I had to wait and I even saw them at Sarahs graduation. So hard. I was holding Jaylee trying to get them to notice. Ranae and Samuel already knew, so they were laughing at my parents because they weren't noticing. My parents seemed so confused and what we were laughing at. They had been talking about the wolverine movie and thought we were laughing because they liked it. Finally we told them to read Jaylee's shirt. My mom covered her mouth and gasped. ha ha so funny. After congradulations we went down to Teri's. It was kind of nice to be back in my grandparents house eating with some of the family. When people noticed the shirt they would come and congrate me. The food was great!

May 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment