Thursday, July 31, 2014

5 Year Reunion

I can't believe that I have been a graduate for 5 years! Chris and I went to my reunion, it was really informal and layed back. Honestly, nobody really came. I talked to Alyssa, and Natacha Lott. Alyssa came because we came and Natacha was the one friend that I saw there that I actually hung out with growing up. We were great friends in middle school and had a good time laughing about memories. We didn't stay to long, Chris said he was greatful Jaylee was there because he would have been bored. He talked to another daddy there, they mostly just talked about the babies and how lame the reunion was. ha ha I can't blame him. Maybe the 10 year will be better!

Also, today Chris and I were filling up Jaylee's penguin pool so she could play in it. Chris was out side watching Jaylee and I was trying to get the water warmer by bringing hot water from inside and pooring it into the pool. I left the water on so I could go faster, I dont know why I was in such a hurry but I was running. As I went up the stairs for my third time I missed a step and fell down about 2 of them. This is the stairs in the garage. Chris heard a big crash as I dropped the pot and fell to the floor. He didn't know what to do because he had Jaylee but there I am laying on the concriete floor screaming and holding my leg. I have to say Im not a screamer but that hurt so bad. I held my leg close to my chest because it hurt to let go or move. Chris came over asked what he could do. I told him to get Jaylee and turn off the water. He did that and then came back. I told him that I couldn't move it and it hurt real bad. So he slowly and gently picked me up and layed me on the couch in our front room. He proped my leg onto a pillow and helped me slowly straightin it. I was so worried it was broken because I had never broken a bone, and this hurt like I imagioned a broken leg might. Chris called our neighbor who is a physical therapist and could possibly help us. He came about an hour later which by then Chris had carried me down to the living room so I could watch TV awhile I was stuck on the couch. Jaylee went to bed and the neighbor, Will Sykes, checked out my leg. He said that it wasn't broken but the reason that it hurt so bad was because we all have a pocket of nerves right under our knee cap and when I fell I had hit right there on one of the steps. He said it would just take time but to try and walk on it when I could to help strengthen it back to normal. I am so glad that he was able to help us out and I was able to go to the reunion that night.




July 12, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment