Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ranaes Return




Ranae got back today. Chris and I slept over so that we could help get ready the next day. I had already started on making decorations. We drew smiley faces on yellow paper plates, taped forks to the back, and stuck them all over the lawn. we also did yellow ribbon and yellow ballons. One of the meanings of yellow is home. This morning we made a poster to put on the garage door. We wrote welcome home. Then I put things on it that reminded me of Ranae like frogs, dice, lax stick, sponge-bob, missionary, ext. It was fun to do. Chris and I had bought Ranae a new lacrosse stick and mom had made her a missionary blanket so we stuck them on the fire place under the minion dressed like a missionary. When the decorations were ready we finished picking up the house, and getting ourselves ready. It was really windy today so we taped everything down the best we could and hoped it wouldnt blow away. We drove off to pick up Ranae!!! We were running late so we were freaking out but once we got there thinking we were 10 minutes late we actually found out that her flight was delayed and we had another 2 hours. When 6:30 came around we all got ready with our posters to hold up for Nae. When people started coming out it seemed like forever. She finally came out and we all started shouting her name. She looked like she wasnt feeling good. She had a wet paper towel pressed to her head. She couldnt see us for a while but once she did she ran over and gave me a hug and mom came and sqeezed the both of us. We had lots of plans for tonight but Ranae really wasnt feeling good. She said she had never threw up on her mission until today. So we just headed straight home. My mom called President Edwards so Ranae could be set apart. He said just parents but my mom and dad told me I could sneak in. Im glad that I did it was a neat experience to see it. He asked her questions and then asked her the hardest thing.....to take off her badge but then he put it back in her hand and told her that nobody could take that away from her, even when she didnt have it on she was still a missionary full of those memories and experiences. Beautiful. Ron came over to say hi because he was leaving the next day for a week and wouldnt be able to see her. When he left we got ready for bed. Chris is such a sweetheart. He let me have a sleepover with Ranae. He went and sleep in the leaving room. Ranae and I talked a lot. She didnt know if she should do something to say hi to Samuel or not. She decided to txt him just so he knew that she was home and that she wanted to talk to him at one point. He txt back "look on your porch I think I dropped some cheese. We ran outside were he had left a candy gram. My mom came running out yelling Samuel if youre out here you better come out now but Sam had already gone home. Ranae couldnt stop smiling so she called him and they talked for about five minutes.

The next day we had a nice breakfast of french toast that my mom made. We helped Ranae go through her closet because everything she had was put up in it. So her room is now her room again but its also moms sewing room. lol That took all day so later Samuel txt my mom to see when would be a good time to call Ranae. My mom said just come over now and he said he was scared and my mom replied so is she so just come over. Ranae ran and got ready when we told her he was on his way. He came over and they went out to talk at the park. We were getting ready to watch a movie and they came back so they watched Jack and Jill with us. After the movie they said good bye and we all went to bed. When Ranae and I were laying in bed she started crying about how she didnt like the movie because it was crued. So we ended up talking about it for awhile. Its funny because I had been warned about RMs but it was weird to hear it from Ranae. We will just give her time.

The next night Ranae came and stayed at my house so Chris and I could get a good sleep on our own bed. Samuel came over and we hung out for a while. She was mad because she found out that he was going sky diving the next day in Moab. When he left we went out to see Hunger Games at 10. Ranae had read the book so this movie wasnt as "bad" because she knew what to expect.

Saturday we invited her closest friends to come by and see her. So we had a lot of treats. My mom wasnt feeling good so I kept disappearing to be with her or sneak her food. It was nice to see everyone though.

June 6-9, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment