Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day

We got back from our trip on mothers day. So we took some time to unwind at home. Then Chris got a good idea that since my family was going to be at church till 4 we should go decorate the house for my mom. So we told the Barnes to meet us at moms at 2. We got there a lil early cause we left to give us time to see Chris's mom but she wasn't home. So I started decorating, I love doing this kind of stuff. However 1/2 way threw I heard the garage open and my mom came in. She had to get something for church and she caught us. That was ok though, I had more decorating to do and I think she was still surprised. So when everyone got back from church we hid her presents. Most of us were nice and hid them easy, however Stockton hid it pretty hard. She still found it though with a little help. Rachel and also wrapped all of my moms charms seperatly which I thought was funny. She got the charms and a braclet for them plus a wood tree of hope from my dad. Hayden got her shoes, Rachel got her a wood tree saying thank you, and the rest of us got her 3, 1/2 shirts. I just love my mom. She has always been such a great example to me of what a mom is. I hope that I can be even 1/2 as good of a mom as she is. I know that she is going to be just as good a grandma too. After that we all headed down to grandmas for a family BBQ. The food was so good. Around 7 Chris and I left so that we could go and try to catch his mom. Luckily she was home and we were able to talk to her for about an hour. She is a great mom too and I'm so glad that Chris and I had the moms that we did. I am greatful that I have a mother in-law that I love. I have always heard the jokes and horror stories of mother in-laws and I can say that mine doesn't fit that stereo type at all. I am also glad that our baby with both her grandmas.

May 12, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment