Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa's Mission


Grandma and Grandpa Yates are going on a mission to a misson in Florida. They gave their farewell talks on March 27. They both had fabulous talks, I loved them both. On April 9th we had a good bye party for them. There was a lot of people there, so many family and friends love and support them. The Barker family even came out from Nevada and my grandparents families from Idaho. Since general conference was on the 3rd we had fast and testimony meeting on the 10th. This meeting had to be the best one I have heard in a long time. It was amazing! First my cousin Sarah got up and bore her testimony and I went up right behind her. It was cool because I knew I wanted to get up I just didn't know how to get myself up and as soon as I thought that Sarah stood up. I knew that was going to be my best shoot. Next my other cousin Josh got up, and wow, what a testimony. After that my wonderful husband Chris got up. He seem's so calm up there, I don't know how he does it. Then last was my mom, I was surprised because she doesn't like to do that very much but how great of her to get up anyway. I love my family! They all have powerful and sweet testimonies! Later that night my grandparent's were getting set apart as Elder and Sister missionaries. Its going to be so hard to say good bye! Our last night with the whole family together we all played just dance in the living room. It was crazy, you could feel the floor shacking.


Awhile Rachel was in town I curled Sarah and Rachels hair. Then Rachel and I watched Tangled until 1 in the morning. The next day I took her to lunch at Wendys. It's nice to just talk to eachother expecially since we don't get to see eachother all that much. After that it was pretty chill, we liked to play "just dance" and talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment